150 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khij159753

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello everyone!
I used to be heavily in the hobby and at one point had 11 reef tanks running ranging from 5 gallons to 90 gallons but I’ve been out of the hobby for the past 3 years and I just found out the people I sold my 90 gallon to years ago want to give me their 5’x2’x2’ 150 gallon tank! So I will be picking that up next weekend and I’m gonna start a build thread to follow my journey!
For now I’m just brainstorming some stocking ideas, I love nano fish so I plan to have lots of small fish with 1 or 2 large fish and plenty of corals mostly sps.
Hope you all enjoy

So just a small mid week update. I went and took a look at what all I was getting. I’m receiving
150g tank and stand
3 radion xr15s
2 MP40’s
A reef link
A large skimmer (couldn’t see brand)
A return pump
A fair amount of live rock plus some rock that’s been sitting outside of the tank for a couple years (they had no idea how many lbs)
2 clownfish
2 large hammer colonies
3 Acan colonies
A smallish blasto colony
A small sps frag
And a few anemones mostly rock flower.
Also an RO unit with 2 separate storage tanks
A 55 gallon tank that was a QT tank
A 50 g sump that may or may not hold water
A 10 gallon tank
And a 10ish gallon Nuevo all in one tank with an AI prime over it.

I think that’s it.... this weekend is gonna be fun!IMG_2934.jpg

Looking forward to seeing how this all goes together. Sounds like some nice stuff, if there's a reef link sounds like some gen 2 radions maybe...I ran some over my old 55 reef and really liked them.

Thanks! Yes they’re at least G2. Might even be G3 actually. I saw the tank a few months ago and the coral they do have is growing nicely and I’m pretty sure they only have them running at about 60% so it’ll be fun to play with them and see what I can get them to do!

Tomorrow I will be starting the moving process and I’m hoping to get to some aquascaping on Saturday! So if anyone has any tips or suggestions let me know! Pictures are good! I usually end up with a pile of rocks on the back wall so I’m going to try my best not to do that now that I have space.
My first plan is kind of a lagoon looking slope towards the back right corner that slopes down as it head towards the back left and then an island in the middle left side.

There is a center overflow which could ruin all my plans though. We will see! ??*♂️

[emoji1360] I moved everything except the stand over today. I currently have the livestock sitting where the tank will go in some tubs with a bubbler. Lots of live rock and way more random here and there tunes and extra tanks etc then I know what to do with haha.
Tomorrow I will be re assembling the tank, as well as rinsing all of the sand ??*♂️ (terrible chore but I need to save the money) and then filling it up and starting on the aquascaping! Pictures to follow!

Sorry guys. No early pictures today. Didn’t get nearly as much done as I wanted to today and I’m sure my house will smell of low tide tomorrow as well as lose quite a bit of Beneficial bacteria over night since about half my rock is out of water but whatcha gonna do ??*♂️ I guess the clowns and coral will have to wait out the cycling process. Here’s a few quick snaps of the messes I have currently. Any comments and suggestions are happily welcomed.61984082543__AB43C3DB-6080-44A4-861B-01FDD84A0A82.jpg

Finally got my tank up and running and the rocks the way I want! Now I just gotta make sure I’m not gonna have a mini cycle before I throw in the livestock. Let me know what you think! IMG_4656.jpg

Was finally able to put everything in the tank now that the mini cycle is over. Hopefully things do well! ?? 62019022300__3D134053-88BE-4B62-8689-1A5DFF17F0BD.jpg

Alright! It’s up and looking pretty good. Time for a giant picture montage!

Back
Top Bottom