2 fish questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IfoundNemo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just bought a scooter blenny and a bi color psuedo(purple/yellow) yesterday. What kind of food do they prefer to eat. Does anyone know?TIA

Well, the Scotter Dragonette is not really a blenny. It's actually in the same family as the Manderin and needs a good pod population to thrive. There are exceptions and mine is one of them. I was able to get him to eat frozen food. Mainly Ocean Nutrition Angel Food preparation or Formula One.
If you tank has a healthy pod population, them you should be fine. If not, I would suggest placing him in qt and attempt to get him to eat frozen foods. If you are sucessful, then you will need to target feed him in the main. They are way too slow to compete with the swimmers for food and may starve. If he won't start eating in the qt and your main has an insufficient pod population, then I would return him.
The psuedo is a carnivore and will eat the same foods mentioned above. Also look at the San Fransisco brand frozens and mysis shrimp.
How big is your set up?

Yeah, the scooter looks kind of like a Manderin accept colors. Both fish are in QT tank since yesterday. They will be in there for 2 weeks. I'll pick up some F1 & mysis shrimp tonite at LFS. I got a 75gal set up. Probably go bigger after i graduate from SW 101 class :)

Back
Top Bottom