2 new acros!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pomme

Aquarium Advice Freak
2 new acros!

Here is the first one, which has lovely blue purple tips and blue main part:

0255.jpg

0256.jpg

and the secong one, which has lovely blue tips and a white main part, but looks brownish in the pics:

0259.jpg

0258.jpg

0260.jpg

Just get a scuba suit and a really big tank...It would be an interesting swim! We could just call you Marlin (Nemo's dad).

are they soft or hard coral? and what kind of lighing do they need. wondering if i could get one with my PC lights i saw one atr the lfs to day for $59 and it was really big but i did not know any thing about them.

they are a hard coral of the sps type in the froup acropora, they need great water quality, eg low nitrates, calcium 440, dkh 9 to 12, mg 1250, phosphate 0. and lots of light.

sorry i have o idea what pc lights are, as im across the pond :), your probably best asking in a new thread.

andrew

WarOrks15 said:
wondering if i could get one with my PC lights i saw one atr the lfs to day for $59 and it was really big but i did not know any thing about them.
I would not suggest acropora's with PC lights. They may survive well enough but the intensity will not be enough to keep their beautiful colors. There are however several species of SPS that will do fine under PC lighting given enough intensity. Montipora, pavona, porites, hydnophora and anacropora to name a few. They also do not need to placed at the highest point in the tank to do well in these conditions.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom