2 starfish one active one not question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scatcat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 2 starfish, one red linkia and one orange linkia. The orange linkia is very active it moves around the tank alot. The red one however moves very little. Should I be feeding these guys? Is the orange one hungry? They are doing well I have had them for 4 days now, I love them I don't want them to be hungry all the time. You know I was also noticing they both have 6 arms. Aren't they supposed to have only 5?

Linkias are known to have 6.

You dont need to feed them, they eat detrius, and your snails.

You can always try to feed them a small bit of shrimp or scallop. Its a touchy star, how did you acclimate?

Dip method I took my time it took 4.5 hours of dripping then I put them in a bag and floated them for 15 to 30 minutes in the tank. Then I released them. The drip was very slow. I've lost a starfish already and I wanted to make sure that these had a good start. So far so good. How do you go about feeding a starfish? Do I put it on a stick and wave it infront of them? One stays on the glass mostly and the other stays on both the glass and the sand and the rocks.

How do you go about feeding a starfish?
I have a pair of grabbers, I just gently place the food under an arm. If they want it, they will take it.

zacdl said:
Linkias are known to have 6.

You dont need to feed them, they eat detrius, and your snails.
FWIW, Linckias are not known to eat snails. It is a bit of a mystery exactly what some Linckia eat. That is why it is a good idea to provide them plenty of LR.

The snail part was mostly a joke :)

Thats the reason I dont want a starfish (they eat urchins sometimes too)

I dont know, but the guy that I got the tank from said he watched his starfish eat his urchin one time.

Interesting, I tried to feed them they wouldn't have it. My crabs on the other had are happy now that they have gotten a piece of shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom