$200 what to buy with it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elykreefs97

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Have my tank up and running and im getting 200 dollars from selling my rc car. Right now I have a sera marine skimmer a zoomed t5 high output light 20 lbs of live rock and sand . I'm going to get more rock with it like 50 dollars worth. Then I'm going to finish my 10 gallon sump. Should I use some and get some coral frags and then put some away for fish in a couple weeks?

Do you have good quality test kits?

Do you have enough turnover flow in your tank? If not, maybe a couple power heads.....

Do you have your own RO/DI unit? If not, $200 would cover that....

I buy RODIN water I have the API master reef test kit and yes I have enough flow.

I'd recommend in getting your own rodi unit it will save you $ in the long run... maybe use it towards some livestock

If you have correct lighting, then get some coral frags and a fish. That $200 is going to go quick...

I buy RODIN water I have the API master reef test kit and yes I have enough flow.

Well, that just narrowed down my recommendation..... Get yourself some better testing kit(s). For FOWLR, the API kit is OK, but if you plan on going with corals, it is nowhere near sensitive enough.... particularly the Nitrate & Phosphate tests.

You can get in on a bulk buy deal at bulk reef supply and get a good deal on a ro unit. It seems like I am always making water, I would sure hate to buy it.

How much is an rodi system. Yes I already have some coral frags.

I don't want to blow this money on one thing this is all the money I will have for a while until I find a job no places hire at 15. I want to space it out I can get an rodi system for my birthday.

Here's what I'm going to get

Another biocube power head
10 mor lbs of live rock
Glass for my sump
Live sand for sump rubble rock
Return pump

If I use 1 inch PVC overflow how many gph pump should I get

Back
Top Bottom