20gal long livestock...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SGT Henry

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey...I was just wondering if this sounds like a good list for a 20gal long...

1 false perc
1 small royal gramma
maybe a goby...could I consider a firefish??..any opinions on which goby?

snails, hermits and some corals...right now the tank only has LR, LS, snails, hermits and some shrooms and some yellow polyps. I plan on adding maybe a few more corals later on(any opinions on cool corals that could be ok under that light?).............

I have the tank setup with a big HOB filter(up to 80gal) its a Tetratec, another small HOB filter, coralife T5 strips..72W total. Maybe adding a skimmer later on..but need a small one. Oh and a Maxijet 900 powerhead.

i don't know much about other things since i just started a few months ago but i try to help people out as much as i can.

For ur 20G, you should use 2 Maxijet 600 (320 GPH total) so the flow would be more chaotic, which is better for ur fishes and inverts.

Don't get firefish if u don't have something to cover the top b/c they tend to jump out of the tank

HTH

If you wanted a goby I'd probably go with a clown goby. they stay pretty small and are fun to watch hop around from rock to rock. i would either go with a goby or a firefish not both. i don't know how much LR you have and what kind of bioload that your tank can handle. i'd add one and wait a month or two to see if your tank is doing okay and if it is then add another one. P.S. if you are going to get a skimmer that is small and does a good job, i'd recommend the Remora. I just got one for my 29 gal and it does an awesome job. they are a little expensive but its worth it. they arent really small but they arent huge like some of the ones i've seen.

Back
Top Bottom