250watt 10k XM MH bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

I was wondering If anyone has had first hand experience using these bulbs.. I am about to order bulbs and have heard about Ushios but I am temped to try the XM's out.. From what I can find is that they are extremely close to performance from the Ushios.. If you know of any articles or any other information please le me know..

TIA,
James

I can't talk about the Ushios, but I just recieved my 175 watt 10,000k XM MH.
They are very bright and have a crisp white color. The people I spoke to from Hellolights had stated they would not guarante that the Ushios would fire up or run properly on my regular ballast. But had stated the XM bulbs were comparable to the Ushios. I sarted my lights at a height of 18" off my tank to acclimate my clams and corals to the new bulbs and at that height it was already brighter then my 5500k bulbs and the corals and clams are responding very nicely.

Well Both bulbs will work on my m58 ballast so I am kind of stuck.. I want to save the 20-30.00 per bulb but I dont want to make the mistake of buying junk.. Are you satisfied with your XM bulb.. Anone else have any other experiences???

TIA,
James

I know you are looking for XM and Ushio expierence, but have you considered Hamilton? I use their 250w 14K bulb and love it. Gives a nice light blue hue to the tank. If I added an 03, I think that would make it darn near perfect.

Yeah, I like the color blue...

www.hamiltontechnology.com

The thing is I dont want to spend 100.00 per bulb.. I find that ridiculous and obsurd.. A company that can charge 100.00 for 1 lightbulb is making WAY too much profit.. JMO

James

I understand your pain, believe me. I am sure that every reefer understands this...

Well in that case I think the cheapest bulbs I have ever seen are the XM's. I haven't read a bad review yet of them either as eveyone seems to love them.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

what about the Venture 250w 10k bulbs what about those??? anyone heard anything good or bad about them as well???

TIA,
James

I have only had the XM bulbs for about a week, But with what I am seeing and the way the corals and clams are responding, I think I am going to be happy with them.

Nothing against the blue hue of the Hamiltons but I wanted the crisp white only my preference everybody has there own likes and dislikes.

PS I am also running 2 - 65 watt smart light PC's with my MH.

I am looking for white as well and as well will be running 2x55watt actinic along with the MH lights

James

Well I got the 250 watt XM 10k bulbs today And I must Agree I do like them alot.. It seems that everything in my tank just loves them.. I wish that I didn't have to acclimate everything to the lighting and that I could just leave them on for the entire 12hr period but... We all know how that goes.. Going from 330watt PCs to these WOW Extreme Difference.. I wish I would have been able to see the difference before I bought the PC fixture..

Thanks Again Guys,
James

BTW EMS503 Kudos to you.. Thanks

No problem My lights are now on the tank looks great even the algae, Forgot to lower the photo period :oops: . My clean up crew is making fast work of that.

BTW I found this article on RC and it seems that the XM 10k 250watt has a higher PAR than Ushio and iswaki bulbs in some cases.. interesting article..

James

Back
Top Bottom