2nd Coral!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zoos and shrooms will do well with the two t 5s. Shop around you will find lights that will have mounting brackets for the back half of your tank keep the back opened the lights will be able to handle the moisture. Decent light will be around $100 bucks or lil more. Like your tank I have a 75 with two t5s and zoos and shrooms do excellent same style as yours!

Does it have the same built on lid? I hate that but hey, my tank and stand was free. Here's my poor little torch that came off the skeleton. Took food this morning. Its tiny and hard to see. Its in the middle of the pic (poor quality pic sorry)

PicsArt_1343136973358.jpg

PicsArt_1343136922597.jpg

Mine had a total glass top that I removed. By removing your back section the light will have plenty of room. You could make a simple rectangle screen top to keep your fish in. Sometimes we tend to go overboard and take the fun out of it! Don't cut any support that was factory install. It was free that's a great price.

Yea I have a sheet of egg crate I'm gonna use for the back. What do u think of those light fixture links. The first one good enough? It's even got the leds too

Cont.. They work fine for softies pylops and shrooms. Nice reflected shield for more light. The deep blues come in two dif wattages make sure it's for reef. I looked at a 48" one for 85 bucks then I was told that was for fish only $169 for reef. I really like the aqua sun And you can always slip a led next to it.

Aqua sun?i paid $80 for a 30" bulbs are not included, I got it at the lfs but do a lot of shopping at dr foster and smith online. So yeah price sounds good

I was looking at your tank the mounting brackets for the aqua sun are 8 1/2 inches wide. They might be to big in that aspect the light opens towards the back that could also cause a problem for any maintenance

It says it's 37"x6"x4" my back opening is 7" inches. Oh and its free shipping. But I do have a HOB Skimmer, filter, and fuge.

I m pretty sure the brackets that hold the light are 8 1/2 tho. You might have to do some modification. There's always something to do it seems. Hope it works out great for you.

Well I ended up getting a light at the lfs today. Its an AquaticLife T5 HO dual-lamp fixture. I got it for $114.99 on sale regular $164.99. 2 bulbs included too. A 10000k white and a 420/460nm hybrid actinic bulb. 39 Watts a piece. It fit my tank pretty good. I also finished eggcrating the whole top off the tank cutting around the HOB equipment I have on there. I'm happy with it. I also picked up a Duncan whiskers frag for $20. Its a beauty. Its got 2 very small babies budding off too. Here's pics of everything. Tell me what u think.

ForumRunner_20120725_190645.jpg

ForumRunner_20120725_190722.jpg

ForumRunner_20120725_190801.jpg

ForumRunner_20120725_190917.jpg

ForumRunner_20120725_190958.jpg

Looks good Paul, that light should help you out a lot. Good job with the egg crating job too, looks nicely done!

Thanks. I've always been good at building and construction but I'm new to the reef!

Oh and I had no idea that the T5 HOs where so skinny! My old bulb that came with my light was a 5000K T5 and it was the same size if not bigger. It wasn't the mini prong end bile with like my new one. Ever hear anything about the particular light I got?

Actually, I've got an AquaticLife light. I've got a 12- bulb Nova Extreme, and an 8-bulb AquaticLife programmable with moons...great light!! Since its programmable on its own, I use timers on the other one. This gives me a 2-stage blue cycle and a 2-stage white cycle, more of a sunrise/ sunset effect.
They are a good quality light, and it should serve you well!

Nice. I hope so. Mine don't have all that just 2 bulbs. But I got my led strip and it's got day and night mode.

Back
Top Bottom