2nd Coral!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
paul87 said:
Nice. I hope so. Mine don't have all that just 2 bulbs. But I got my led strip and it's got day and night mode.

Hey Paul,
The Corallife timers I have are only like $30, and that would allow you to stage out the lights, blues on first, and off last. Always being on a timer too, allows for all your stock to have a light pattern that they get used to, more normal than 6 hours one day, and 10 the next. It also makes it easier on you, never have to worry about turning them on and off, set it and forget it.
Your lights should be adequate for softies and most LPS, and if you find you need a little more light, you could just get a few more LED strips.
Enjoy your tank!! :)

Yea I can get timers at a local hardware store for 6 bucks! I got one on my freshwater. But the thing is my light has one cord so it will turn the blue and whites off or on at the same time. Same with my leds.

Ohh sorry, I thought it was pretty standard, that they had separate cords for the blues and the whites... Either way though, the timer would help out. That way, you don't have to deal with it.

Yep. I remember back in the day when I lived in the country we had some killer grow bulbs. I remember having 1000-2000watt metal hylides with a ballast that must of weighed 30 lbs! LOL It would literally blind you. We had another kind of light too that was ridiculously bright too forget the type tho. It would flash every color under the sun before it kicked on all the way. It took like 30 mind to fully come on. They were for growing crop but imagine what it would do to a reef!?

paul87 said:
Yep. I remember back in the day when I lived in the country we had some killer grow bulbs. I remember having 1000-2000watt metal hylides with a ballast that must of weighed 30 lbs! LOL It would literally blind you. We had another kind of light too that was ridiculously bright too forget the type tho. It would flash every color under the sun before it kicked on all the way. It took like 30 mind to fully come on. They were for growing crop but imagine what it would do to a reef!?

Haha... Yeah, they are the same thing, would def do a big, deep reef some justice!
The good old days...I had a 400 MH, with a big giant white ballast box too, thing hummed like no tomorrow, could barely sleep at night!! Did the trick though...young and stupid at the time, in an apartment complex..Duh...
I think the other light you are describing is a high-pressure Sodium, more in the red band of the wavelength, better for the second part of the cycle..nowhatimean...
Good luck with your tank man, it's def a safer hobby!! Still addicted to it, after 8 years. :)

Seriously didn't think anyone would catch that but hey proposed man. Gotta love the whole reefer thing. Once u get started its addicting! I like my 420 atanic light too!

Seriously didn't think anyone would catch that but hey props man. Gotta love the whole reefer thing. Once u get started its addicting! I like my 420 atanic light too!

Back
Top Bottom