3-in 1 filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clownface

Aquarium Advice Regular
any thoughts on filters that give u the 3 filteration in i filter (chemical,mechanical,biological)?pros and cons

Do you mean a regular hob or canister filter with carbon, floss, maybe biowheel?
If so, they are alright on some tanks. Maybe on a fo tank. I have one on each of my tanks but have removed the floss and filled them with lr rubble instead. If you have plenty of lr and a good skimmer you don't need a hob except maybe for the occasional carbon use. If you have a sump you can put the carbon in it and not even have a hob. I only keep the hob because my heater is part of it(tetratec 500 w/200w heater.) otherwise I wouldn't even have it. I also have a hob aquaclear300 that's been converted to a refugium. If you already have it, it can come in handy but if you are planning on going with a reef setup, save the money for a good skimmer and live rock.

Pretty much all filter do "3 in 1" filtering. What type of filter are you looking at???

Back
Top Bottom