30 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MYTY1705

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK so if you saw the latest installment of spsmike's tank you know that he has inspired me for my new 30 gallon. This will be a painfully slow process that I will undertake.
I will switch my 55 to fresh and make the 30 salt.

I have 30 lbs of rock that will go into the smaller tank and the ls will be added as well. (yes pics will come on the progress)I will move my royal gramma and clakii to the tank and that will be all the fish for now (coral beauty to the lfs in exchange for corals). I only have pc lights but wil take my 220 watt pc fixture and make a hood for the 30 giving me over 7 wpg.

Without MH will this be enough for all things or do somethings require MH?

I have a couple of ricordia, hairy mushrooms, RBTA, black sun polyp (dying a slow death), a leather of some sorts, finger coral of some type. So the tank will be barren until I can get more corals.

The reason I am posting is to ask what corals would you suggest to add to these. I love vibrant colors like metalics of brains and blues and reds. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

black sun polyp (dying a slow death
do you target feed it? I thought sun polyps were hard, but I got a frag and a large peice from the LFS and spot feed them every other day and theyre doing fine.

yeah and I did for about 3 months but they have just kept deteriorating and refuse to get healthy. They were already in sad shape when I bought them and have never recovered. I did notice a new head on it about 2 weeks ago.

I think you'll find you can keep almost anything alive... I'm not sure you'll find that they're all happy. A lot of the SPS require MH for their intense coloring. Anything less than a fresh bulb leads to drab colored corals. I can't believe you're swithing the 55 to fresh! Ack!

Sorry to hear about your sun coral. I remember when you got that. My sun is doing brilliantly, even though I only feed it once or twice a week.

Yeah I know I kinda feel the same way. The way money is though I'll neve be able to get the 55 to the point I want. Atleast with the 30 I'll need less lr and less coral to ake seem just as full. Plus I'm itching to get some cichlids and most need atleat a 55 for happiness. Boy never thought about 2 years ago when I started this sutff I would want a full reef.

No I told you so's please!!!! :lol:

Well thanks for the replies. Would clams be ok?? Or would they be the same as the sps.

Back
Top Bottom