30 gallon tank in a 90 gallon stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skennelly

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey All,
Will a 29 or 30 gallon tank fit into a 90 gallon stand with the tank already running? I know I could put it through the top if the tank wasn't running yet, but that option is available.

I want to upgrade my sump to something bigger.

Thanks

I had to read this a couple times. You want to put a 29 underneath the 90gal, inside the stand/cabinet, to use as a sump, right?

A 29gal is 30"x12"x20" (l, w, h). So it really depends on the size of the cabinet door.

I would doubt it. A 90 gal tank stand is the same as a 75. I tried to put a 20 gal tank under mine back in the day and the only way to do it was to go in from the side. I built my stand so I just removed the side panel and slipped it in. Standard door might be bigger but I doubt it. A 29 gal is pretty tall too.

Sounds like a job for jig saw and replace the side!!!LOL It all depends on the size of the tank and the size of the doors. You may be able to pry the side panel off and renail it after your done.

Careful removing the sides if the tank is full and running!

I had to put mine through the top (after removing the center brace and then reinstalling it) when I had my sump under the stand.

Thanks everyone, I'm definitely not going to mess around with removing panels from the stand I can only image what would probably happen knowing my luck.

Back to the drawing board. Please off your suggestion for a DIY sump idea that will work in my 90 stand. Right now I am using an Amiracle wet dry sump which is doing the job fine, but it only has around a 10 gallon capacity.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom