30g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cjsanders757

Aquarium Advice Freak
What should I buy first?

Dry rock, sand, filters, Lights, powerheads or skimmer I'm on a tight budget.
I have an ac50 I'm gonna use temporarily.
It's going to be a reef tank.

Lights. That'll pretty much determine what you can have as far as corals. The rest you can pick up as you go. It'll take a while on a tight budget, but that's my two cents.

I'd get the rock and sand first, that way you can start cycling the tank while you save up for the other things. Next I would get the powerhead, then the lights and finally the skimmer. An ac50 is perfectly fine as the filter, I used one on my 29g tank and it was perfect.

I'd get the rock and sand first, that way you can start cycling the tank while you save up for the other things. Next I would get the powerhead, then the lights and finally the skimmer. An ac50 is perfectly fine as the filter, I used one on my 29g tank and it was perfect.

I have chemipure elite in it right now. Do I need to take it out for the cycle??

not really needed but if its there then I'd leave it. :)

Cool. Well I have a maxijet laying around that plus the ac50 I'm already set to go.
Just have to save money for the brs dry rock that shipping is ridiculous!!

I am also looking to get some pukani so I know the feeling. You can add several types of rock as well, doesnt have to be all the same. It will give it a more natural look in my opinion

I am also looking to get some pukani so I know the feeling. You can add several types of rock as well, doesnt have to be all the same. It will give it a more natural look in my opinion

Hopefully a group buy is started soon

Can I start cycling the tank and during the cycle add sand and more live rock? It shouldn't matter during right?

Correct. Since its live it will decrease your cycle time.

Back
Top Bottom