320g build/journey/experiment :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some pics that my brother took

img_1142016_0_52e920043bdef28e0be8c29e06f8d005.jpg

img_1142016_1_4ec89cd3723ee9e7f724c6ad86e687f0.jpg

img_1142016_2_10e5e4877814800f7dc3ddc889b7c207.jpg

Looks awesome man!
When you cycle this, I would cover the back and sides as much as I could from the sun. With all the excess nutrients, the sun will help all sorts of bad algae blossom.
How are those lights coming?
I'm not too worried about algae... it will give my pods something to eat while I wait for the fish... and if I change my mind I have thick drapes I can put up.
The lights are on hold till I get the cycle going... don't need them before then.

Great look, just want to check that you took TC's advice to place the rock on the glass and the sand around it. It looks looks like the rock is on top of the sand.
If you look at the second set of pictures you will see the rock in first... a lot of my bottom rock I put feet to keep it off the bottom. :D

The tanks are fantastic. Can't wait for the next step. I've been tagging along, but I must have missed the type of rock you're using. What is it and how heavy is the rock you installed? Looks great!
As he said I made it all myself... it's very light stuff.
The videos are here http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f11/320g-build-journey-experiment-128784-2.html#post1120124
Use 1.5 parts cement... at 1 part it isn't strong enough :)

Wow, while I was farting around at the lake without any cell signal, you were busy! Looks great man!
Thanks, I hope to have water in it before the end of the month.

What's the name of that fish you got in the tank "Now". OOPs, sorry it's you. hahaha. Just to show everyone how big that tank of your's is. Great stuff...keep us posted.

What's the name of that fish you got in the tank "Now". OOPs, sorry it's you. hahaha. Just to show everyone how big that tank of your's is. Great stuff...keep us posted.
That was a pic my brother took and the purpose was to show the setting up of the rock lol but it's all good. I'll keep you posted but I need to take a few days off or I won't be married for long... hmm... think of the fish tanks I could get then... nm I'll stick with the one I have :D

lol, i didnt know bigfoot was a sw fish. :) Looks great. You did buy the tank right? Someone said something were it made it sound like you made it.

lol, i didnt know bigfoot was a sw fish. :) Looks great. You did buy the tank right? Someone said something were it made it sound like you made it.
I was going to build the tank myself but I couldn't get the glass cut accurately enough for me so I got it custom made... then I drilled some extra holes.

Well I decided that while I waited for some of my stuff to dry I would work on the lights a bit... I'm just soldering away... I have done 48 out of 360 solder points... still got a ways to go.

img_1143223_0_dee084a50398cfe57c4188ebc92c2874.jpg

It's okay... I need the time to get the work done on the tank... There is a frag shop and swap on the 12th of September...

hahaha. oh man have I been there before.
"wait there is a frag swap this weekend?...lets go"
"but we don't have any room"
"Just out of curiosity...where is that extra tank that was laying around?..."

You are on your first steps to CBAA. Coral Buying Addicts Anonymous.
I'm the president though, so you aren't alone.

Lol, something tells me I will become a member of that club when I get into my 75. ;) Only problem is having money to support that addiction!

Back
Top Bottom