4 benggai cardinals in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tanks to small for them all says 30 gal for one. Plus there going to kill each other till ones left or you get a male/female pair

They should be captive bred, two would be fine and give you more room for another fish. Take two back and keep two. If there from the same batch they shouldn't fight.

Same batch and they dont fight now they all swim together in a school and petco does not allow saltwater returns .....

Still a chance of fighting with same batch if tanks to small. I wouldn't buy from shop can't take back to.

Petco has variety my two lfs that are my go to in lowell ma and salem nh ones to pricey the other is cheap but he doesn't open more then 20 hours a week

Sorry but unless you got a male and female pair all but one will die right now they are not fighting because i bet they are jueveniles. When they get to adults they will fight to death untill a pair forms or only 1 left. I've tried many times to pair them some from petco some from other places locally same result everytime they ok 1-3 months then all hell breaks loose till one left. best way to have 2 in tank is buy adults that are a mated pair from a place that is honest and you trust not to lie ad sell them before they were actually sure they are a mated pair. you might get lucky and find a female and pair it up either way any others will get killed. i learned that the hard way.

Other cardinals group together tho so get some spotted ones

Back
Top Bottom