4 foot stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

begginersluck

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm ordering my me custom made 4 foot aquarium today. Very exited!

It's just under 400 litres and will have great depth. I'm thinking about having the weir in the centre and building a reef in front of and around that allowing for good water flow.

What would you guys put in there?

Not boring to me. I'm planning a similar size for this summer. I want to add a tomini tang and a fox face to mine for sure. That will be on top of my current fish once they move over. Still not 100% on comparability but I think they will be fine. I currently have a coral beauty, an occ clown and a midas blenny. Also, cleaner shrimp are a must, they are interesting to watch. I also want to add a pistol shrimp goby pair but again am not 100% on the pistol with other shrimp and the blenny and goby may not get along.

I think this would be cool stocking, any input on comparability?

Yay a reply lol.

I've always been intrigued by the fox face. What are their compatibility issues?

Your other fish sound great. I also have a pair of clowns and they're amazing to watch. I would love to have a pair of minstrels as well but it's a risk mixing them.

Definitely getting some cleaner shrimps.

I've been looking at the red scooter bennies also.

Foxface are great fish unfortunatley my tank is not big enough for them but they are peaceful fish from what I understand so shouldn't have issues unless you put highly aggresive fish in with them. Scooter are nice although yu are best to have a refgium to help keep tank stocke with pods with them and they are best to add to established tanks. Personal favourite of mine is valentini puffer I have one with cleaner shrimps and peppermint shrimps and he is fine although they have been known to hassle shrimps and corals so always a risk. a Kole or Tomini tang would be a very nice addition for a tank of that size too and should be a fairly peaceful fish from my understanding. A yellow headed Jaw fish would also be nice addition or a nice sand sifting goby. I have yellow headed sleeper goby and he's very interesting to watch sifting through the sand all day and then maybe a leopard or flasher wrasse with some sort of schooling fish

I wanted to get a few different shrimp actually so i may go with the ones your mentioned.

The puffer is a beautiful fish that's on the maybe list.

Had a tomini tang before but a Kole tang now we're talking. Would love a powder blue but they get huge.

I have a pink spot goby that never comes out so when I move everything to my new tank I might remove him and get a sand sifting one instead.

Current fish - 1 Regal Tang, 1 Chevron tang, 2 Common Clowns, 1 Strawberry Basslet, 1 Royal Gramma, 1 Pink Spot Goby.

Tbh so do regals and chevrons I don't think a 90 is big enough for either. I think a school of panama cardinals would look pretty cool

Tbh so do regals and chevrons I don't think a 90 is big enough for either. I think a school of panama cardinals would look pretty cool

There are 4 or 5 tangs listed on live aquaria as suitable for a 70 gallon, I wouldn't go with any others. I think of those the bristletooth tomini tang is my favorite. That and the fox face is the reason I decided I need a 75 gallon and not a 55 gallon.

I was thinking about selling them both and going for a powder blue as the only tang in my tank.

Having said that I wouldn't mind a Kole Tang instead.

My dream tank would be huge with many different species of surgeonfish.

But for the time being its a 90 gall!

My LFS has a chevron in right now and it is $160. The other day they had a 10% off all fish. It was such a good deal, it made me want a massive tank. A huge all surgeonfish tank would be awesome.

Yeah unfortunately a powder blue would be too big for your tank too I'd get the kole instead if you can! Not a bd price where abouts in uk are you?

Back
Top Bottom