4" richmond wrasse MIA??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neastil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yesterday i bought a richmond wrasse - gorgeous fish! He assimilated nicely and even ate after a few hours . He's easily the longest fish in my tank at 4" , none of my other fish bothered him at all. He still looked good today , ate again and was swimming all over looking really good . This morning i reached in there to grab an evil hermit to take back to the lfs thats been eating my snails and haven't seen a sign of him since. I've gone behind the tank looked everywhere can't c him in there. He's big i don't c how he could b hiding where i wouldn't b able to c at least part of him. Is it possible he could have jumped? I've looked on the floor too... Totally perplexed and slightly worried , he wasn't cheap.

Anybody have any experience with this fish?

I have a goby. I know nothing like a wrasse but he's about 4-5 inches long and he hides in the LR and substrate, you would never know he's in there!

yes very well actually.. that particular type of wrasse are notorious burriers... chances are thats where he is

I hope you're right! Didn't c how he could have jumped I only had the lid open for a second..

Thanks for the quick feedback !!

:)

this particular type of wrasse and wrasse family are known burriers and not really known for jumping. prior to its death my hoeven (same family) was moved and bucketed numerous times.. never once jumps... but was always found in the sand bed

I have a huge brittle starfish and he wraps around my hand when I grab him easily almost twice actually but he burrowed in the sand and I cant find him either but he is too big to loose and that sounds like the case with you as well I have done everything except run my hands thru the sand but I know hes in there!

Unless he flip flopped across the room somewhere (LOL) but sounds like he's a natural digger so i guess i can just hope he comes out tomorrow

:)

Thats probably what it is. I bought a dragon wrasse and he hide for like the first 2 days i was pissed i thought my ell eat him. But good luck

I just turned my lights on and sat down to c if my AWOL wrasse would appear and like a magician shot up right out of the crushed coral exactly in the spot where i was looking !

Sweeeeet !!!!

These guys can disappear in the blink of an eye. I would like to see slow motion of them pulling off this trick. They seem to be able to just roll under the sand in a smooth motion.

And then reappear in an instant ; you should have seen him come shooting out of the substrate !!

Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom