40b ground up build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got a pair of clowns and some reef chromis in my 120. I was hoping to go with some different fish in this one.

Are the rocks on the left against the glass? You might find that troublesome when cleaning the glass. :) I learned the hard way of course. lol

How about a pygmy angel? Or is this going to be a reef tank?

@carey- the rocks on the left are against the glass and overflow, but I'm not too worried about cleaning the glass. I am going reef as this tank is connected with my 120 so I'm hoping to keep all fish reef friendly.

@Rybo- I'm not sure I want to have another eel. I had one in a 55 when I lived in Florida and once he got over 2 feet he decided that everything else in the tank was "on the menu"..

In that case I would go dwarf angelfish of varying types. I love lemon peels and flame angels.

I alwayse have to recommend a midas blenny, mine is great and they are definitely reef safe. I also like the royal gramma, I'm planning on getting one in my new tank.

Both the midas and gramma are interesting fish, I've had/have them both. The gramma is neat and colorful but tend to like the rocks. the midas is uber cool to watch swim around and the back up into a hole in the rocks and chill out. lol Both my midas's jumped tank though so just be warned you might need a lid.

Lid for sure! My midas has hit mine twice that I have seen.

I definitely love the Midas, had one in my 120 for almost a year and one day it just disappeared. Not behind,under or in the overflow, just gone (even with my screens on). He did jump out one time while I was doing a water change but just happened to land in the new water I was about to put in.

Back
Top Bottom