40b Stock Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arget

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking of upgrading my reef from my 32 Biocube to a 40b. It currently has a small True Percula, which killed the other one I got with it, five Margarita snails, a female Emerald Crab, a few Zoa frags, and a rock covered in a GSP.

I'd plan to have a Goby, if my LFS can get one in. Possibly a Purple Firefish. Along with a Pistol Shrimp, if it'd leave my Zoa frags alone! A second True Percula, if I can find one that I'm sure is smaller than the one I've already got. I'd like to have a Flame Angel, but I'm not if it'd be too much orange...

What other stocking suggestions would fit? Note that it's a simple, low maintenance reef, with a tight budget because of the time of year, the True Percula being the most expensive, and I tend to find wild caught fish against my morals, a Purple Firefish the only exception since you can't get them captive bred, and my LFS is a very good one!

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

How much rock do you have in there and how much actual water?

------------------

Try to find a baby anemonefish so it pairs off with your current one. If you get a fish that has been on its own for more than 1 week, it will be female. If you get the biggest fish in a group it will be female. This will cause problems because your current fish is female.

Fire gobies (Nemateleotris species) do best in groups or 4 or more. Make sure they are eating well before buying them because some don't eat and die.

I’d love to see a few photos of that tank when it’s setup! I am awed by the colors at our local SW shop. I’ve seen fantastic Percola there, if by that you mean what’s commonly called a Clown fish.

It's a 40g breeder. The current tank is a 32g Biocube. I've got over 30lbs of base rock in it, but the tank's been setup for at least two years, and I'll have to get more when I upgrade it to a 40b.

My True Percula is still pretty small, and I know she's either female already, or headed that way. The other's been gone a while.

Back
Top Bottom