5.5 gallon sw tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought a tank,a 5.5 gallon tank what saltwater fish/inverts could I put in it and what equipped would I need besides the hood and filter. Thanks

You could do clown gobies, you wouldn't need any more equipment with them, just frequent water changes. You could also do pygmy seahorses

how about a Yellow Tail Damsel or 2

Unfortunately, a 5.5 gallon would not suffice for a damsel. However, you could chose from many different kinds of Clown Gobies. Here a links to a few you could do (just one though). :)

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Clown Goby, Yellow
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Clown Goby, Brown
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Clown Goby, Black

You could also get shrimps and crabs, which are really fun to watch!

You could get a shrimp goby and pistol shrimp pair. As for crabs I don't think anything other than hermits would work. I would say your best bet is any of the clown gobies posted above

Looking at the clown gobys (checked out the Wheeler's Shrimp Goby too--neat!), I know 1 in a 5g was advised...what about a 10g?

Most shrimp gobies need a 10 gallon tank. You could do a strictly invertebrate tank with things like pom pom crabs, halloween hermit crab, sexy shrimp with a large mushroom to host and maybe an emerald crab in a 5 gallon. Do you plan on going reef? I have a pistol shrimp goby combination in a 24 gallon cube I would considering putting them in a 10 gallon since I have seen how much swimming space they really use and how big my goby is.
I would like one more fish but haven't found anything I like that can work in the tank yet. I do plan on a halloween crab later this year for it. You can actually get neon gobies that are very small and they would work for a 5 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom