5 gallon bucket?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With a proper sponge filter and a heater I don't see why not, though a 5gallon bucket is a lot taller than it is wide so that might be less than ideal. Why not try something like a slightly larger rubbermaid container?

If thasts all you have then ya it will be ok. I would ight the bucket cause the bucket will end up being rather dark.

you can buy a cheap 10 gallon tank with a light hood and a HOB filter from wal-mart for about 19.99. My girlfriend bought one for her goldfish. Its not a great system by any stretch, but It would make an excellent QT tank!

I would spring for the 10 gal. set-up from wal-mart. A 5 gal. bucket will work, but does not have a lot of surface area to gas exchange. Plus, it is very hard to observe your fish in a bucket. Using a tank you can keep and eye on behavior and signs of infection like ick and velvet.

edit: the 19.99 ten gallon tank setup is acually 29.99. Still an excellent buy! and if anyone is serious about fishkeeping, they need a nice dedicated QT tank.

Back
Top Bottom