50G build, upgrade from 20G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what other inverts are you planning on adding (besides the stuff from the 20 gallon)?

We're going to slowly add to the nassarius and maybe add a couple astreas. No more bulldozing turbos for sure! lol

The only other additions planned are a brain (probably wellsophyllia), a crocea clam, an emerald crab, 1-2 fish, and maybe one more shrimp (probably a fire).

Picked up a couple of new corals today... a scolymia and a lobophyllia! Pics to come shortly.... :D

Ok, here's the new Scoly and Lobo. They're still settling in, but seem to be happy.

Attachments

• DSC_0989.jpg
    DSC_0989.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC_0990.jpg
    DSC_0990.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 71
They look wicked cool. I like the lobo the most. Its like two atoms splitting. Or maybe thats just my over-active imagination. :p

You have done a GREAT job on the design of the tank. Do you have any updated full tank shots with the frogspawn and lobo in it and what not?

LOL... the frogspawn is in the other FTS! It's been with me since before I knew HN1, and is the only coral that I didn't sell with my nano setup before I moved to GA. :D
*edit*
Here ya go. New corals are on the left side of the tank. :)

img_1009087_0_779bf7c9122dc6725952b50d37dd6359.jpg

Last edited:
They look wicked cool. I like the lobo the most. Its like two atoms splitting. Or maybe thats just my over-active imagination. :p

If we do right by it, it will be more than two eventually. ;)

A tree sponge would look cool next to that acan. Youknow, where the other corals are IMO.

SM & HN I love the latest additions and full tank shots. You know that tree sponge thingy Etunes linked you to looks pretty cool, what do you think?

Hey HN1/SM, can you guys successfully keep zoas with the nova extreme pro?

thats not a lobo. thats the money you could be saving with geico.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

SM & HN I love the latest additions and full tank shots. You know that tree sponge thingy Etunes linked you to looks pretty cool, what do you think?
We have never seen one around here, and with the amazing selection of coral at the shops in the area, not to mention club members, I really can't see us ordering anything online. Plus, it's listed as difficult to keep in the LA page.

Hey HN1/SM, can you guys successfully keep zoas with the nova ,extreme pro?
Um, yes, check out our zoa pics! LOL. We have more than 10 varieties of zoas and palys in the tank. ;) Some of them just do better toward the bottom of the tank, or in shaded areas.
We have some sps corals too, that are doing quite well. I would definitely recommend the NEP if it is in the budget. :)

A tree sponge would look cool next to that acan. Youknow, where the other corals are IMO.

That is sweet! I'd never heard of them. From what I gather, sponge are really tough to keep and most die in aquaria. I'm afraid that other than the pineapple sponges that pop up they're out of our league (for now). Great find though!

We'd kill it unfortunately. I think they need fairly specific setups and regimented dosing. It looks awesome though!

Back
Top Bottom