55 appx 5 mths old

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the Kole would be okay, but why not consider taking the other two to a local store and trade for something that will work long term? If you plan to upgrade tank size down the road, then maybe this is fine for a while.

I suggest looking at sites like BlueZoo, LiveAquatics and/or VividAquariums for fish info, tank requirements, compatability, etc. Lots of good info there.

Don't think anyone was trying to be rude...just giving good advice. I think the basic concept is that while some fish can survive in smaller tanks, it does not mean it is good for them. There are a lot of health issues that will come with doing that sort of thing and not all are outwardly visible.

haven't lost any. and I appreciate your help. The tank originally was over a year old, when my friend passed, I agreed to take, these were the original items in tank, it was broke down and reconstructed, that why I stated it was only 5 mths old. I will be getting rid of 2 of the tangs, to prevent any unsitely issues. But I thank you for your concern.

thank you, I will be donating 2 of the tangs to the gulfarium (marine refuge/research ctr.) although I do plan on upgrading within the next couple months.

dmw1956 said:
haven't lost any. and I appreciate your help. The tank originally was over a year old, when my friend passed, I agreed to take, these were the original items in tank, it was broke down and reconstructed, that why I stated it was only 5 mths old. I will be getting rid of 2 of the tangs, to prevent any unsitely issues. But I thank you for your concern.

Sorry about your friend. I wasn't accusing you, just informing you. Yes usually i do assume the tank in question is and has always belonged to the poster. Thats more than common so forgive me. Glad your finding them a new home. It will also allow you more flexibility in what else you can stock.

Taking over a tank is not an easy task. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thank you, and I too apoligize to you and all. I don't believe I will be stocking anything else, until I upgrade. Taking over a tank is tricky, I am learning as I go. I spend hours researching, although, I feel attacked. Oh and by the way I am a she not a he.

dmw1956 said:
Thank you, and I too apoligize to you and all. I don't believe I will be stocking anything else, until I upgrade. Taking over a tank is tricky, I am learning as I go. I spend hours researching, although, I feel attacked. Oh and by the way I am a she not a he.

Dont feel attacked. People on boards like this just see problems like that everyday and way too often. You are the exception but usually its people not doing any research stuffing a small tank full of tangs or whatever, and then they show up here when they have a problem wondering why. Lol its way too common. Many times they either had no clue or just didnt care. Both of which gets under everyones skin to some degree. Again you are the exception but maybe you'll understand why everyone is out of the gates on you about the tangs.

You did nothing wrong and it seems like you care about the fish which is more than some can say. Your a good friend for taking over the tank, its a bigger commitment than most realize and im sure your friend very much appreciates it. I know i would.

dmw1956 said:

Sorry for the accusations, this forum has wealth of information though it seems your friend may have been the one missed informed. There's is a large population of reefers whom have never visited a forum or website to learn about proper husbandry of their aquatic hobby. This forum bar none has the worst and I mean worst tang police EVER! I have even excluded the fact I had a blue hippo in a 55 collum before admitting after I got a 125. He's still very small size of a silver dollar perhaps. ( see how I did that) .. by the welcome to AA im sure you will find yourself at home. their is quite a few women whom do a great job posting there day to day progress and who are wealth of knowledge.

^ I agree with the Tang Police comment. :) the general consensus is that Koles and Tomini Tangs work for "smaller" tanks, but there are others that work too. Most need larger tanks to swim around in (6 ' usually). The best advice is to look up any potential purchases first and then use this board for backup.

The two tangs will be better off being moved.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Very cool of you to take over the tank!

You don't have to donate the fish or wait to upgrade. you could trade the fish away for smaller fish you enjoy. With two of the tangs gone it gives the one space for now. It's not like you have a huge bioload.

Two clowns and one tang is all right?That's not too much for a 55. Shop around before you decide. They have been living together for what , two years now? They won't kill each other tommorrow I wouldn't think.

I see lack of research and some poor choices but hey that's just my opinion lol

Maybe we should quit dogging her and give her good ideas. Just my opinion. She's ready to give them all away already. Just my opinion

Patrick93 said:
I see lack of research and some poor choices but hey that's just my opinion lol

Late in the game bud.. read entire thread it usually helps she has already clarified her information..everyone learns something new in this hobby everyday. No one can say they havnt made a poor choice even after reading what thought was everything they needed to know.

jsmith said:
Late in the game bud.. read entire thread it usually helps she has already clarified her information..everyone learns something new in this hobby everyday. No one can say they havnt made a poor choice even after reading what thought was everything they needed to know.

Hey bud...... I posted this way earlier so I'm not sure why it's all the way up front thanks for your concern bud

Back
Top Bottom