55g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathleen55

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey am in process of cycling my 55g.. had a few questions
- about how many fish can i have?
- and i need to learn more about corals because i dont know that much know any good resources i can check out?

The amount of fish you could have is affected by size and thickness of the fish. An eel that is 2' long and a grouper that is 2' long are two completely different stories. If you share your livestock preferences we would be able to help a lot more.

okay thanks. im still trying to figure out what fish i want. i know i want at least two clowns, a sea hare, some type of blenny and goby,not sure what else. i would like a puffer. if theres any i could have that are at least not to hard to care for. then i have to figure out whos compatible and who isnt

kathleen55 said:
okay thanks. im still trying to figure out what fish i want. i know i want at least two clowns, a sea hare, some type of blenny and goby,not sure what else. i would like a puffer. if theres any i could have that are at least not to hard to care for. then i have to figure out whos compatible and who isnt

Will you eventually go reef? Puffers definitely are not reef safe. Would not get one in a 55, if I were you. Maybe a Valentini Puffer.

are they metal halides or LEDs? what is the exact wording on the box? if it says something around t5 or t8 its LEDs. if it says something like 175 watt 14000k they are MHs.

im not sure. thing is i got the tank from someone on craigslist and it included protein skimmer, light, filter, heater, etc so i dont have a box :/ all it says on light is coralife

How many bulbs are there and what do they look like? Are they single bulbs or like double bulbs in one?

Back
Top Bottom