55gal update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Ok here's the deal...its now been a couple of days since changing my substrate from cc to a 5in. DSB. Everything seems to be going well for the most part with the exception of one casualty..I lost my condy..i woke to find him mushed all up in the filter tube..i'm still wondering what happened?.I guess its not too bad...my fish including my manderin are doing well. as is some corals...inverts are doing excellent..i still need to add more flow.. i was wondering what to do with the flow when i do get it to prevent it from blowing holes in my sandbed? any suggestion on placement of the PH and what directions to point them? i have 2 402's and am picking up 2 MJ 1200's today..

Ideally you would want to hide them in the rock so that they arent very intrusive into the tank. If you cant do that, just put them towards the top and angle them around the tank at different angles. You will probably play w/ them for a week or so till you get them just right.

Squishy

Mine got caught in the filter tube also, I took the tube off and let it float around the tank & he got hisself out and is ok. Now on the other hand I got one caught in the intake of the ph, now that was a disaster. He died. :(

well it happened like this....first the condy got caught in the power head then i got him out and placed him towards the front of the tank..next i know he was on the move and before you know it the filter got him...that was just too much..to make matters worse now, i just got my MJ 1200's and that was the end of my 2 year old carpet...guess you can guess what the stupid thing did...whelp..on the bright side i no longer have to worry about any of my anemones..they're both gone in as little as two days..tell you what...I WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER ONE AGAIN!! They just should be left in the ocean. i was naive to believe I can keep them for any real length of time. guess more room for corals now..

Thanks for the help Squishy..i kinda figured i'll be fiddling around with them for awhile..On a bright note i got the MJ 1200's today and am very satisfied with the decision.

Back
Top Bottom