56 gallon reef process

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tone973

Aquarium Advice Regular
Got my first two fish in my tank. Chose clowns. I just like clowns and plan on getting an enemenie. Did I spell that right? Any tips you guys can give me on keeping these clowns at a great health would be well appreciated.

Thanks

ForumRunner_20130312_124015.jpg

I've got a Maroon. When I first put him in my tank he dug a burrow. Soon after I put in a hammer and he actually filled in the burrow. I think he's stoked to have a coral to swim in. He's been getting closer and closer to it. I feed him dried Mysis Shrimp every day and frozen Spirulina once a week with his regular feeding. I want the tank to get nutrients so the corals can pick it up as well, plus the cuc has got to eat something. I think just keeping your water right and consistent is the key. Watch them for abnormal behaviors and check their color, specifically for spots. I check out my clown every day and he seems content with his reef. 10g Nano, he is The King of his reef but the clown of mine...

I've got a Maroon. When I first put him in my tank he dug a burrow. Soon after I put in a hammer and he actually filled in the burrow. I think he's stoked to have a coral to swim in. He's been getting closer and closer to it. I feed him dried Mysis Shrimp every day and frozen Spirulina once a week with his regular feeding. I want the tank to get nutrients so the corals can pick it up as well, plus the cuc has got to eat something. I think just keeping your water right and consistent is the key. Watch them for abnormal behaviors and check their color, specifically for spots. I check out my clown every day and he seems content with his reef. 10g Nano, he is The King of his reef but the clown of mine...

Thanks for the info.

It's spelled anemone. You should wait a good while before introducing one of them. Most say 8 months to a year. They need a stable tank and intense lighting and odds are your clowns may never host it anyway. Are they tank bred? Very cute little fish, my first were 2 black and white perculas :)

It's spelled anemone. You should wait a good while before introducing one of them. Most say 8 months to a year. They need a stable tank and intense lighting and odds are your clowns may never host it anyway. Are they tank bred? Very cute little fish, my first were 2 black and white perculas :)

No I made sure they were not tank bred.

Here is what we look like now.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130713_004616.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130713_004616.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom