75 Gallon Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GhostKnife

Aquarium Advice FINatic
75 Gallon Setup PICS!!!

Just got the tank and stained the stand. Set it up where it will be and am getting components when I have time. I have been working alot of overtime... So it may be a while be fore I post again however I am going to put the whole process on here as this is my first saltwater reef aquarium.

Attachments

• DSCN0881.jpg
    DSCN0881.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCN0867.jpg
    DSCN0867.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN0879.jpg
    DSCN0879.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN0888.jpg
    DSCN0888.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 113
20 gallon sump the side door on stand also opens as well as front for easier access now comes some shopping for everything that will go in it.

If that's a load bearing wall then there should be no worries at 95g. Assuming the house is structurally sound to begin with

That`s a sharp looking set up there Ghostknife. Cant wait to see future pics of it.

The house I bought was made in 1948. The construction of houses then was far superior to that of todays builds. 2x6's were used instead of 2x4's and so on. But this part of the house has nothing underneath it and yes on the other side of the wall is the outside it is a load-bearing. I don't think I will have a problem with it on ground level... Upstairs overtime I think the floor would weaken... Thanks for your concern because if I hadnt thought of it I might have been in trouble but I did and its level as well. 600 + pounds in one spot spread throughout 48" of stand.... YIKES!

You're going to be closer to 800+. It's not the walls (2x4 vs 2x6) that needed to be considered but instead the joists. In fact the engineered joists of today are far superior to the 'old-en'; days. Where 2x10 or double lagged 2x10's were needed for large spans todays engineered joists do with wood I's or lam` beams.

Understandable captainAhab however I was referring to support underneath the floors where 2x8's i think are actually what was used not 2x6's... I was referring to overall construction in which a house was built better, I feel. Not dogging just saying I tend to believe I will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom