75 gallon set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dewey

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well i bought a 75 gallon setup. Im attaching a few pictures. Im looking for advise on the tank. The pictures are the way it was set up when i got it. Tell me what you would change on it.

Aquarium came with 70 pounds of live agronite.Which ends up being about two and a half inches in the bottom of the tank. Do you think i should as more sand???

It has a 30 gallon sump.Mag 12 return pump going into a spraybar.(I really don like the looks of the spraybar so give me ideas if you have any.)
Ocanic in sump skimmer (plus series model six) The skimmer has a eheim hobby pump on it. On the left side of the sump where the water returns back to the sump there is egg cratting with some foam between them. For large particle pick up i think.

Well i tryed to attach pictures but it says they were to big.Over 100 kb let me know how to do this . Or i can e-mail then to you.

Thanks Duane

Tank is going to have about 130 live rock .Do you think im going to need more filtration? I do have a magnum 350 with biowheels that i could put in the sump.

This tank is going to have live rock on some corals proble.

Which brings me to the lights it came with. it came with 1- 4oo watt 20k MH on the right side of tank and pc on the other side. I want to update the lighting a little bit . Do you think two MH or Three ? And what size? I will proble use the PC with some actinic in them.

Well im going to stop there for know let me know what you think. And what you would change. If you need more info let me know. (CHECK OUT PICS MIGHT HELP EXPLAIN BETTER) Thanks Duane

If you want a DSB you are going to want 3-4" sand bed.. so I would personally add more.. as for the LR 130lbs should be plenty.. The trend is to have 1.5 - 2 times the amount of water.. So I'd say your good to go.. As with MH lights the tank I believe is 4' long so you would want to have 2 MH bulbs 250watt bulbs should be plenty and add like 2x55watt actinic bulbs for some great lighting... MH bulbs should be used on every 2' of tank..

HTH,
James

I also just got a 75 gallon im going to run a T5HO lighting, as for the sand bed if its 3 inches i would say your fine with that much LR. JMO MH would get the trick done as well i would add another MH into the picture on the other side. Theres alot of things you could do about the spraybar im going to use one in mine just give you a better overall distribution on current. Good Luck have fun!

If you want to email the pics to loganj01 at alltel.net , I'll see if I can downsize them and post them in this thread.

Logan, Once they e-mail you the photos its advised you edit out your e-mail address. Dont want that e-mail ending up being added to a huge list of spammers by a web crawler searching out e-mails.

Back
Top Bottom