75g stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Speakerman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
As my new reef tank in progress cycles I begin to think more about what fish I'd like to have.

I'm by no means an expert on saltwater fish so I need some guidance.

I know I want a pair of clowns.

Other than that I'm not sure.

The two clowns will need to be a mated pair. I think a pink spotted goby will be nice.

I dont know about what kinds of fish, in that size tank you could pretty much put any fish as long as theyre compatible

have you thought about what kind of corals you are going to put in it?

If you want to keep SPS you need another halide. With those lights, You can keep a large variety of LPS and softies. Most polyps can be kept as well.

oops didnt read it right. AMDPhenomX4 is correct. you are going to need the MH for the sps corals

what other stuff besides anemones are you planning on getting?

cool, the reason I only have 1 light right now, is #1 I had the balast from an old setup, and #2, the cross brace along the top of the tank is glass, so the single light can get the whole tank without having a dark strip down the center like so many other tanks I've seen/had.

As I said, I'm mostly interested in softies and corals that will move in the current. I think they are the most interesting to watch.

well, it just seems like there are sooooooo many variations and species of coral, if I want LPS and softies, there are still about 50 species I can easily get a hold of.

How do I know which of these will be the best for my setup, and which of them will require special feeding or other accomodations.

I would look at the galleries of some of our members. They will give you plenty of ideas. You can look at my images if you want. I have mostly all soft and LPS corals.

I want to stay relatively low tech. Do LPS and softies require dosing or calcium reactors or anything like that, (in most cases)

Btw, I'm thinking a pair of either picasso clowns or maroon clowns, and a blue hippo for starters. I'm debating on buying one of those "clean up crew" package deals from liveaquaria.com

You shouldn't need to dose anything. Regular PWCs should take care of it.

Back
Top Bottom