75gallon upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JASONinNM

Aquarium Advice Activist
so I justice came up on nice 75gallon tank with nice matching sand! an outdated current usa PC fixture.

I have a 46 gallon reef tank at the moment with 10g refugium. rio2100 return pump. hob overflow. Remora skimmer w/surface skimmer. koralia 1050, 550 circulation pumps. aquaclear 50 power head all on timer. 2x 175w metal halide. 4x t5 2-actinic, 2-10k.
60lb rock. sand bed isnt gonna be used from this tank.
clownfish, sixline wrassw, strawberry dottyback, yellowtail demsel, red/blue legged hermits. 2x peppermint shrimp. 1 turbo snail. xenia. mushrooms. lots of small frag.

what's the first step in setting up, cycling, this 75g?? im trying to pretty much sell the rest the livestock (except clown it was my first fish. will put him in the QT till the new tank is ready) and start new basically just want to use the like rock. (being already cured will this greatly reduce cycle time?) id like to buy a finner sand than the aroganite reef sand I was using. (any suggestions?)

as for equipment Id like to atleast move to a 30g sump with a heck of alot better preferably IN-sump skimmer.( any thoughts or suggestions?) am I gonna need a bigger return pump? different plumbing?

Back
Top Bottom