8 Gallon Nano at Work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bdonaldson

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here is a short video of my 8 gal. Nano at work. I just cleaned it this morning. I am having a red slime algae issue. Removed it all this morning. Hopefully it won't come back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks Autumn, when i tried the link it took me to a thread about goldfish. I'm not sure why it did that.

It played! The strange case of how the links get corrupted at times. I will check it and see if it was something I did. EDIT: I removed and replaced a new copy of the link and I think it worked (now) lol

No matter really now though, you made it happen!!!

Very cool looking tank!

Last edited:
Thanks Autumn. The link is working now. I was able to Paul to help me out. He told me how to get it uploaded.

so do you buy starfish to feed the harlequin?

I would love to have one, but don't like the slow death/consumption of the starfish.
Giving feeder fish to my eels is one thing, but I can't watch something eat another critter over the course of days while it's still alive.

Yes unfortunarely I have to buy starfish for him since thats the only thing he will eat. I have thought about trying to train him to eat mysis shrimp but not sure it will work.

Yes unfortunarely I have to buy starfish for him since thats the only thing he will eat. I have thought about trying to train him to eat mysis shrimp but not sure it will work.

Their diet only consists of starfish unfortunately so the mysis wouldn't supply them with the proper diet. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Some people keep one or two dstarfish in a fuge or separate tank and just cut the arms off them to feed every week. One arm from the first then again with the next since starfish naturally regrow the legs

Some people keep one or two dstarfish in a fuge or separate tank and just cut the arms off them to feed every week. One arm from the first then again with the next since starfish naturally regrow the legs

I was doing that in the beginning but you would have to keep several starfish in order to cycle them for the legs. The legs dont grow back very fast.

I found out that my red slime issue is primarily due to the timer is not working. The light have veen on for 24/7 for over a week now. So i am shutting off the light for a couple of days to see if the red slime goes away on its own.

I found out that my red slime issue is primarily due to the timer is not working. The light have veen on for 24/7 for over a week now. So i am shutting off the light for a couple of days to see if the red slime goes away on its own.

:facepalm:

I am trying the chemiclean to get rid of the red slime algae. I have read some really good reviews on it so thought i would give it a try.

It seems to be working but i think i will have to do a second treatment after i do a water change.

I did a 10% water change and added another dose of the Chemiclean. I will check on it on Monday and do another water change. Hopefully the red slime will be all gone.

I dont know what happened i though i posted a reply but it didnt show up. Oh well here goes again.

Thanks for sharing that thread Paul. I will give the peroxide a try.

I dont know what happened i though i posted a reply but it didnt show up. Oh well here goes again.

Thanks for sharing that thread Paul. I will give the peroxide a try.

I would read up on it as much as possible and start of with a very low dose if you want to go that route. I know peroxide is really good for dipping plugs to remove algae, I've just never dosed it in my main tank. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom