8th month video update on 180g sps tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acronuts

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well guys here is my 1st attempt at video with my camera. I am excited as my tank reaches the 1 year mark. Some things have grown very well while others are still slower.
I wanted some kind of record before I start the trimming process on a few of my bigger pieces. I feel like the gardener who comes out once a week in the mornings to prune, and trim the garden trees, flowers and shrubs.
Well let me know what you guys think.
My own reefapolooza!
YouTube - Reef Tank 180g reefapolooza

Reactions: HN1
Looks great! Nice work. What is that ball looking thing in the middle of tank? Looks about the size of golfball.

Thank you! Still a work in progress though but by the time I am done I fear it is time to start another big tank! LOL!
Beautiful tank! Great work.

Well seems as in my path to a successful tank I acquired bubble algae. So the big ball is a bubble algae! I will try a pull out each night but it is on there tight. I will try again tonight. I did buy some crabs that eat the algae ( emerald crabs I think ). So far they are eating the smaller ones but not the mother earth one. LOL!
Looks great! Nice work. What is that ball looking thing in the middle of tank? Looks about the size of golfball.

I would try to remove the rock the bubble algae is on rather than try to remove inside the tank. If that opens in the tank you will release spores and have bubble algae all over the tank.

Is this the tank you setup with pvc pipes and mounted the corals to it? Very impressive and it cover up well. Great job.

Back
Top Bottom