90 gallon stocklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sergie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm picking up a 90 gallon tank on the 12th. What do you think of this stocklist?

Clownfish x 2
Bicolor Blenny x 1
Coral Beauty x 1
Black/Gold Chromis x 5
Bristletooth Tomini Tang x 1
Bicolor Foxface x 1
Cleaner Wrasse x 1
Twin Spot Goby x 2 (mated)

Should I drop the 5 chromis to 3? Does anything look off? Any concerns?

Looks good to me. Just add slowly and make sure your tank has completely cycled.

I have the coral beauty in my 46 reef. She's nipped once or twice but didn't like my colt. She leaves everything else alone. So hopefully she keeps the same mindset. What about the foxface? Is it a nipper? Anybody have one? I was also looking at a mimic tang instead of the bristletooth, but was worried that my coral beauty would stress out or attack it since they mimic angelfish.

IMO, I think u will be fine. Just watch them. Every fish has it's own attitude.. Lol

Yeah, I think I'll stick with the bristletooth I guess. Why get a tang that looks like an angel when I can have a tang that looks like a tang.

Sergie said:
Yeah, I think I'll stick with the bristletooth I guess. Why get a tang that looks like an angel when I can have a tang that looks like a tang.

Excellent choice. U look at a yellow eyed tang?

I hadn't even thought about it, just cause it's the fish EVERYONE suggests to anyone without a 6 foot tank. But now that I actually looked at it, I can see why they suggest it. It really is a beautiful alternative to a larger tang and retains the nice physical qualities that the larger, more coveted yellow tang has.

I think yellow tang would do well to. They only get an inch longer than the kole tang. Anyways, fish rarely get to be their max size in aquariums. I've never seen a yellow tang longer than 6".

I don't necessarily think it has to do with exactly how big they get, but their swimming patterns. I had a yellow tang and he liked to make mad b line dashes and would run into the glass if he ran out of space. But I can't say for sure cause I only owned one and don't consider myself an "expert" after only 2 years of reef keeping haha. I'm sure I CAN have one, but it was stressful watching him beat himself up. The water tested fine and he was disease free, he just loved dashing.

I'm getting a Kole Tang for my 76 gallon half circle soon :) I'm starting to like them more than Yellow ones now.

Kole tangs are awesome! I have a 6 foot tank and would love to get another one, no doubt. The yellows do need the 6 feet though, mine is a racer, back and forth all day long. I don't know what he'd do in a shorter tank. LOL

carey said:
Kole tangs are awesome! I have a 6 foot tank and would love to get another one, no doubt. The yellows do need the 6 feet though, mine is a racer, back and forth all day long. I don't know what he'd do in a shorter tank. LOL

Your just now chiming in on Tangs? Where u been Carey? Lol

Between cleaning up my flood this morning and my stupid computer I been busy. Lol

I hate to always be the tang police too cause I know how much I wanted one. It's hard saying no to people. Lol

Woot! Go you! I wish I could pick one up, I;m very tempted too. That would round out my tang collection very nicely I think.

Are you qt'ing? I would highly suggest it with a tang, even a kole.

make sure we pictures!!

Back
Top Bottom