a bundle of random questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoCkEyGmC

Aquarium Advice Addict
1. should i replace all of my filter media in the back of the nanocube with lr rubbel. if so, should it be fully cured before i add it.
2. should that be the only media in there(besides skimmer)?
3. would it be overkill with a good (expensive) hob skimmer to replace my not so amazing one? if so what are some good ones?
4. what exactly would you do with a 3 gallon sw? would a small goby/pistol pair w/ 2 sexy shrimp and a bunch of soft corals be good?
5 should i replace my media in the 3 gallon with something else? i got some charcoal, some ceramic type, and a sponge.
6. for a 55 gal, what hob skimmer would you use?
7. would a serpent star be ok in my nanocube?
8. would a small pistol shrimp disturb anything in my tank?(what to they like to harm?)
9. comming soon. im sure ill think some more stuff up.
10. Thanks!

a hob skimmer. unless i missed it on the site it doesnt appear that they make a hob style...
i always say "thanks!" at the end of my posts. just to thank evry1 for the help/imput/anything else that they might tell me.
Thanks!

CPR Bak-Pak is a hang on back skimmer.

I'm not really up on the cube type tanks, so I don't have any experience to pass on regarding most of your questions. But I'm of the opinion that you can't really overskim a tank, so to #3 I'd answer "no"... it's not overkill. But whether or not you need it is dependent upon your bioload, water parameters, etc.

1- yes and yes
2- yes, but you can throw in some carbon if you feel like you need it
3- not really. You can't overskim, but you can waste $ on a skimmer thats too big for your needs. I don't know what can fit on your tank, but the Octo HOB skimmers are on sale at Marine Solutions.
4- I guess a 3g tank would look pretty cool, but I personally wouldn't set 1 up. It can be alot of work for a tiny tank.
5- live rock rubble is always a good choice
6- Octo BHF300F
7- maybe, maybe not. They can get huge.
8- depends on the species. Some are fine, some are not so fine, but all dig in the sand.
9- think fast! lol
10- your welcome :)

Back
Top Bottom