A couple of different questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But if I could sell the canister filter, I would love to just do that and then add a bunch of more live rock!

Alright, no mandarin it is :(

I have 2 corallight fixtures.
One is a T5 Dual and the other is a T5HO Dual
62 watts from T5HO and 36 watts from T5

That doesn't seem like enough light for the clam or nem. Is the clam up high?

But if I could sell the canister filter, I would love to just do that and then add a bunch of more live rock!

Alright, no mandarin it is :(

I have 2 corallight fixtures.
One is a T5 Dual and the other is a T5HO Dual
62 watts from T5HO and 36 watts from T5

You can sell it if you want.... but I feel that having a canister filter and using it for your main source of filtration is going to be better than relying on a few live rocks for filtration

That doesn't seem like enough light for the clam or nem. Is the clam up high?

=/ How much light do you suggest I have? I can return the t5 light that gives off 36 watts and replace it with another t5ho lamp that gives off another 62 watts for a total of 124 watts from a T5DO. Is that okay?

He's actually on the bottom, I thought the clam was supposed to be on sand?

You can sell it if you want.... but I feel that having a canister filter and using it for your main source of filtration is going to be better than relying on a few live rocks for filtration

What would I put inside the canister filter for media?

=/ How much light do you suggest I have? I can return the t5 light that gives off 36 watts and replace it with another t5ho lamp that gives off another 62 watts for a total of 124 watts from a T5DO. Is that okay?

He's actually on the bottom, I thought the clam was supposed to be on sand?

That may be ok but Maximas are very high light clams. They are also rock dwellers and will attach with their byssal threads over time.

That may be ok but Maximas are very high light clams. They are also rock dwellers and will attach with their byssal threads over time.

Is the lighting I have now, not good for anything?

It's fine for low light-some medium light corals but the nem and clam really need a lot more.

It's fine for low light-some medium light corals but the nem and clam really need a lot more.

That's upsetting :(

Well, I tried to pick up the clam but I guess those feet things you were talking about were in action, cause he's stuck to the ground :p

Then just leave him. He's happy there. Don't try to cut them off, you could kill it if you do

Then just leave him. He's happy there. Don't try to cut them off, you could kill it if you do

Yeah, I just left him. Yay for him being happy(ish) :p

Can you post a pic of the Molly??

Lmao, I'll get right on that.

So would it be better for me to return the canister filter and just get a bunch of more live rock? Or just stick with the canister filter? What would the difference be?

And I am able to get 1 cleaner shrimp and 1 peppermint shrimp to clean the tank and potentially eat aiptasia?

Here's a picture of the molly
His name is james pond :p
nlr7l6C.jpg

That's crazy are they reef safe?

You know, I'm not too sure. I originally had a 20 gallon freshwater tank and when I decided to sell my fish, I just couldn't part with james pond :p I found out that balloon Mollies are saltwater safe if you acclimate them slowly enough. He seems to be doing great. And as far as the whole reef safe. He hasn't touched anything as far as I can tell.

I think I'm going to go ahead and return the SixLine Wrasse to the LFS.

I think I may have a small Aiptasia outbreak and I would really like 1 Peppermint Shrimp as well as 1 Cleaner Shrimp. I've read online that SixLine Wrasse's ocasionally go after Peppermint Shrimp and I'm not exactly too keen on that happening.

I would also like to eventually have a mandarin dragonet.

So I guess the SixLine Wrasse is out the door.

Your tank is too small for a mandarin-ever. You can never grow enough pods to support it. It will slowly starve to death. This may take months.

Your tank is too small for a mandarin-ever. You can never grow enough pods to support it. It will slowly starve to death. This may take months.

Oh. Okay. No Mandarin then.

Could I have a six line wrasse with a cleaner shrimp?

Back
Top Bottom