a few questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryan0292002ca

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got some more cured live rock off someone I know and I noticed something sticking out of it just a little bit, it has two transparent tentacles and they can sometimes extend up to 1-2 inches, I was wondering what this is? and is it a good or bad inhabitants?
My tank is a 30 gallon, and I also just bought some cleanup crew and a clownfish, for the cleanup crew I got 3 red leg hermit crabs and 12 Astrea Snails, do you think this will be sufficient for this size tank.
Also, the clownfish I got is either a true perc or ocellaris, what is the difference between the two? the one I got looks exactly like Nemo, my little cousin begged me to get it, LOL, I'd appreciate the help, thanks

the transparent tentacles are a good guy =) (not sure what its called but a lot of people have asked about them before). As for a clean up crew, you probably could use a few more hermits! Though that will be up to you. Personally I have been slowly adding more and more to my clean up crew as I see necessary. For my 55 gallon I have 12 blue reef hermits, 3 red reef hermits, 2 emerald crabs, 10 margarita snails, 10 bumblebee snails, 2 huge turbo snails, and 1 unknow snail and 1 unknown crab (both hitchhikers). Percs have a little bit more black around them than the ocerllaris clowns do, so if yours look exactly like nemo it will be an ocellaris (hehe Im pretty sure he was an ocellaris ;) ).

Back
Top Bottom