A few reef questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonForce

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just recently got a flame angel for my 37 reef. He is housed with a pair of true percula clowns and shy purple firefish. The flame angel is a juvi from marshall islands and he grazes the rocks and picks at any frozen that I add to the water. Now I was wondering if angelfish will eat some nori on a clip? was wondering if this would be a good idea or not? I was also wondering if anyone thinks I have room for a blue spotted jawfish? There is a place that carries them for 70 bucks a pop! I tried searching for information about this but I did not find what I was looking for. Thanks in advanced!

I've got a flame angel in my 100 and he doesn't touch the nori I put out for my tangs. I wish he would cause then hopefully he would be even less likely to nip at corals.

blazeyreef, I was commenting on this part of the post

I was also wondering if anyone thinks I have room for a blue spotted jawfish? There is a place that carries them for 70 bucks a pop! I tried searching for information about this but I did not find what I was looking for.

Having an angel in a reef tank is a risk. Dont think that if he does not nip at corals when you first get him that he wont. Mine took 4 yrs to decide he was hungry for corals. By the time I took the tank apart to get him and lost two corals in the process, I wish I had never got him. I`ve made the vow to never have anymore angels. I hope everything works out for you.

I have a flame in QT now that will go in the tank when I upgrade. I heard they like LPS so I can remove them if needed. He seems to be leaving the softies I have in QT with him.

Gamble but a cool fish...

Yes they love soft fleshy corals like LPS. They destroyed a brain and hammer coral way back in my tank.

I had plans for a Flame Angel and a Coral Beauty. They were pegged to go into my tank. Unfortunately I guess I have to rethink adding them.

melosu58 said:
Yes they love soft fleshy corals like LPS. They destroyed a brain and hammer coral way back in my tank.

Does that inclue Polyp's and mushroom corals?

I purchased a Coral Beauty that is in QT right now, Everyone I talked to said they were reef safe. So that is why I purchased him....

-TheChad

Angels are prone to nip soft fleshy corals. It took 4 yrs for mine to change over to nipping at corals. Some people have never had a problem. It is just a gamble.

I agree with Melosu, it is a risk you either take or don't take. I have a CB in my tank that couldn't care less about the corals all he wants it for me to keep seaweed on the clip for him.

Ziggy953 said:
I agree with Melosu, it is a risk you either take or don't take. I have a CB in my tank that couldn't care less about the corals all he wants it for me to keep seaweed on the clip for him.

How do you keep seaweed on the clip? Every time I have hung seaweed, one or two picks at it, and it falls off the clip..

-TheChad

I don't know....it just stays on the clip for me. Does it shred up and come off or is the clip not holding it well?

Back
Top Bottom