A little help please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK so I had about 40 pounds of live rock from a lfs and once in the tank omg it was full of bubble algae, cyano and bryopsis. So I took the live rock out and returned it and got all marco rock. One problem now is, I have hermits and 2 emerald grabs. what can I feed the crabs and hermits until this dry rock builds up enough algae to feed them. I hate to sound like a noob. Also I have 2 clowns in this tank which is a 55 gallon. Would 3 green chromis and 2 clowns be overstocking it. I really want a peacefull fish that wont eat shrimp or inverts and corals.

What are you doing for bacteria? The fish are there with some sort of biological filter? If nothing u must add something to "insta" cycle. Monitor you levels closely and keep up with changes accordingly. Don't add anything else until you know everything is fine.

The hermits would be fine on left over meaty foods and/or algae on the sand if any.

Its 3 piece's of live rock I kept. I used Dr. Tims one and only and Bio Spira to "Seed" the dry rock.

Okay, if you just added and did all this within the last 5days I would not add anything for at least a week or 2, 2 would be better.

If it was 1 fish sure but 3-5chromis I would wait just to be carefull

Okay, if you just added and did all this within the last 5days I would not add anything for at least a week or 2, 2 would be better.

If it was 1 fish sure but 3-5chromis I would wait just to be carefull

Would 3 chromis be ok in this size tank?

With proper filtration and maintenance, I think so

When your tank is better established in BB, 3 chromis will be fine. I have 3 chromis, a clown, 1 Royal gramma, 1 bartletts anthias, 2 bangaii cardinals and a starry blenny in my 55 and my tank is fine. I'm very good about doing PWCs every single week, though. If you won't keep up with the weekly PWCs, I would leave the stock at the chromis and the clowns, though. When the BB is better established, I would add 3 small chromis, though, not full size ones. They'll produce less waste and let the BB catch up as they grow. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom