A little to much lemon juice...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmonkey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys i got trigger happy killing Atipasia and now my water is a little yellow. The amonia/nitrite seem to be fine, but i havent tested the ph yet. Should i just change alot of the water? I changed like 60% already but its still a little yellowish. My tank is still cycling w/ LR so nothin else in there. I have a emperor 280 w/ carbon and the seaclone 100 running.

cmonkey said:
My tank is still cycling w/ LR so nothin else in there
I would actually do another water change or two possibley. Being the tank is cycling the amount of water changed won't make any difference to many thing in the tank since it's just LR. The main concern I see here is the possible fuel source the lemon juice could be to nuisance algae blooms. It really depnds on how much lemon juice you used.

Cheers
Steve

Is it ok if i do a 100% water change or will that kill the bacteria? Or if i do smaller partial changes will in time it clear up? The tank is still light brownish mucky looking, the ph=8.4, amonia was .32 i think, nitrite=0, and have a emperor 280 w/ carbon in it. Just LR in it, but hoping to get some hermits/snails soon.

If the GAC has not cleared it up continue to do small water changes. You never want to do more than a 50% change as the shock from the new water can kill any life you have in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom