A mechanical question on water flow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ladykrup

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Our tank has been up and running for about one year, everything is going great! Although, the last couple of weeks the water in the tank seems to be getting higher and water in the sump and wet/dry filter too low (55 gal.). One day I noticed the water low in the wet/dry, added half gallon or so of water, and almost overflowed the whole thing from the top! Husband adjusted the flow on the pump in the sump and water came down to normal level. Yea. But now we can't seem to get as much flow going into the tank as before without the water filling up at the top. It always seemed like a delicate balance between the two but something has changed. There is still water breaking the surface at the top but the sides are still - I think it needs to be stronger. Will speak to the store but thought ya'll might have a clue! Thanks. (We have a protein skimmer, too)

If your using a hang on the back overflow, check the U-tube for air bubbles and clean it. Over time algae and slime will build up inside the tube and slow the flow down, I have to clean mine about once per month. If it's a drilled tank...check the drain line for clogs like a snail or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom