a new begining...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oyf709

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It is nothing really special,just want to share my feeling with others so that i can feel more secure about my new start and will be great to take advice on wat i have done wrong...
sotry begin...

5 months ago, I got my purple tang and as the biggest size fish i ever introduce into my tank , i was a bit rush to dump it into my tank cuz my QT was not big enough for the purple tang. As the worst can happen, it braught ich into my system. I did all I can do to minimize the damage, medication , QT and also water change, this is my first time ever to get some major ich out break, therefore i think i was a bit in panic mode.
May be I stressed my fish too much, ich gets worse, my 2 lovely percula (pairs),which my wife love them so much that she call them her baby,shrink their size in 1 week and start to get beat up by other fish cuz they were too weak. So i moved them to my refugium and 3 days later they died at the same time( I was watching, quite touching , as a pair they leave this world togetherr*sob*). The ich killed other 2 fish in a week,then things start to settle down and my purple tang got better fast.
Then in that week, my return pump failed and water short circuit my lighting system,I lost 3 metal halide which i can't replace them in a short time.Things start to get worse, cuz the limited light i produce, hair algea start to take over the world. I had a really cheap R/O cuz some document online said tap water got some minerals that coral like, and full R/O was not needed. Algea killed almost all my coral. I used to had a LR that is about 60cm long full of paulsing Xenia which grow from a little frag about 1 inch and the algea whiped it out. Same as my hard coral, everything died except part of my arco still alive.
When i about to give up the tank, I saw a really chearful thing that swiming around the last acro, A BABY MANDARINE!!! I used to have a pair of mated mandarine fish in the tank, the female is no longer there anymore but this was very suprized me, and i was so happey and decide when my next pay check out i will go start fixing my tank. Right before my pay check day, I got smash to the ground, the little guy got sucked into the power head and crashed, Me and my wife were holding each other and crys.Such heart breaking thing to see,sigh.

So wat i have got left was a total bleeched hammer, a small pice of arco
small groups of xenia a green bouble which double its size during the whole thing. My purple tang, 2 scooter, 1 male mandarin,2 clarkii and a blenny.
The only reason i want to start all over again is because the total bleeched hammer (it was totally white for about 5 months, and suprized me that it didn't die with such harsh condition around) start to get its normal color back, not a lot but i can tell it starts to get the color back. I can't explain why but it tells me I should do something about it.
I went to get myself a Full size R/O today to start with, and get all my lighting power head up and running hope in short future i can be able to restock my 75g tank again.

If for some reason U read the whole thing, really thanks for your time, It was really hard for me during the time I really want to share with other how i feel,all my friends doesn't like this habbit so they won't undestand wat i am going thru, hope the post doesn't bother anyone, Peace Out.

Wow, one problem after another and another. That sucks, sorry for your loss. Just remember it can always get worse. Good luck starting out again.

I think many of us here become very attached to our fishy pets, so we understand. I know I grieve when one of mine dies.

Be gentle with yourself.

Chin up, you are one of those couples that TRULY care about your animals and from reading that post I am sure you will continue to be a great caregiver to your aquarium.

Someone wise said "nothing good ever happens fast in this hobby." :D

Have patience and you will get through this tough time.

Best Wishes!

Mark

Back
Top Bottom