a new nano tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brian242pa

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey guys i definatly want to set up a new nano tank while still keeping mine which is a 29 tall. i was thinking of just get a normal 10 gallon tank and go from there or shood i get a jbj nano or somthing like that, give me ur opinions :)

If you want all inclusive I would suggest a biocube or nano cube or something similar. everything in one package.

i wish i was aloud a 125 gallon i wood ssave up my money for that and i hav a good stack rite now but my dad said electricity is to high :( i rlly want to get because people are selling them on craigslist for like 500 with stand,sump,light,heater and some corals ect...

cmon any1? i rlly need some help on something serious because i am thinking about getting that tank

also if i do get this tank listed above (90 gal) i would sell my 29 gal. sorry for double post.

Looks like a good deal, a little pricey in my opinion but it comes with decent lights which usually are the most expensive part of a reef tank. You do want corals and the such correct?

yes of course i want coral my 29 gallon wood stay up and running until this tank comes in then my 29gallon goes on craigslist! but do u think i should wait for a 125 gallon tank with a deal like this? also i cant really tell but are 90 gallon bow front really long or tall because i kinda want it long :/

I think a standard 90 is only 4 feet, maybe 5. I woudl wait for a 125g if you can. I got mine for $100 with stand and lights (sold off the lights for $75 ) so it came out to $25. :)

These deals are not everyday but they do exist. i have an app on my phone that alerts me to new stuff when it's posted so I get first dibs.

I just missed out on a FREE 180 tank and stand. :-(

i think i will wait for a 125gal also and i think i would pay 750 for lights with it and stuff

With that budget it's just a matter of time. i see awesome setups for that price range with lots of goodies and not crappy basic setup either. :)

Things to look for: solid, unscratched drilled tank, good lighting, either 3 250watt metal halides or a 12 bulb T5 setup. make sure it has a large enough sump, maybe a refugium in the sump and a decent skimmer. For that kind of money you should be getting powerheads and heater as well.

i really want the tank right now! and i just might get the 90 but a 125 i can do almost anything medal halides i dont want i just want t5 because im not looking to pay bank for electric bill :p i want to get tank befor school year starts because i am in high school now...

and im not trying for hard corals i think all soft. also at first im just going to put the fish from my 29gal in there a pair of clowns which are currently laying eggs on a scheldual, 2 hippos, skunk cleaner, and thats it with a bunch of soft coral i have.

sorry for double post. all obviously after the cycling, these fish would be the only ones other than maby like a damsel or something like that

omg i keep on forgetting to add this. my fish and maby a damsel for like the 1st month because money is tight.

i just saw somthing in your post about the skimmer, i dont care if they dont give me one because the one in my 29 gallon is meant for a 125 gallon, overpower@!

carey do you know a good website to get local fish tanks because there nothing even close to me on craigslist

Back
Top Bottom