? about my Zoanthids, too.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weagle117

Aquarium Advice Regular
Here is a before (October) & after (today) picture of my eagle eye zoas. They have grown some.... not as much as I thought they should. They kept getting knocked over by my hermit crabs, sea urchin, or turbo snails. I finally found glue that would hold them down...... My question is this: Part of the colony (I guess you'd call it that) where the arrow is pointing, has starting floating around. It seems to be holding on by one polyp that is still stuck by it's top part. Is this how they spread or is something amiss? I am debating about whether I should try to separate it and glue it to another rock or whether I should leave it alone & hope it settles down on the surface underneath. I really like this eagle eye and want it to do well in my tank. I have been trying to feed it (gently) and it really has grown some... anyway, if you know anything about these guys let me know what you think. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC01469.jpg
    DSC01469.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Eagle Eye Zooanthids- 12-3-11.jpg
    Eagle Eye Zooanthids- 12-3-11.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 394
I usually let them go where they want sometimes they find a good spot and really take off and grow like crazy. You have had some very good growth imo.

Their really pretty. I would leave it be. It looks like their definitely getting enough light and before you now it, it'll be encrusting a different rock.

Ok... once again, along with everything else about reef systems, I'm learning about patience....... I wish someone made reef fertilizer:)

Lol I know how you feel. You can male them grow faster by putting additives on and measuring for calcium. There's a lot of good spot feeding foods out there that make the colors other things

Back
Top Bottom