Acans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SWSCJ

Aquarium Advice Freak
Another good buy. 13 head colony of Blood Red Acans. Going to feed these, along with the 11 colony Zombies, every other day to see if I get a double up growth rate in 2 months.

Nice! Do you get these locally, or on-line? I would love to get a big Acan, I've got a 3Lg/5Sm head frag now.
Colors of Acans are just as varied as zoos IMO and easy to care for. They're just generally more expensive, but I think more beautiful to look at.
Good luck with them!

View attachment 86222

6 wk. old pic, 2 new heads since!

Bought them from a friend of mine who owns a pet store. He got them from a guy that buys corals from Vivid, gets bored, and sales them cheap. It's great ! Here are 3 separate colonies of Acans and a colony of Blastos.

Nice stuff! love the orange and Blasto.
I've checked out Vivid and some Australian based companies too. One of my LFS can get large colonies, but pricey either way. That will have to get in line with other needed upgrades!
Again, nice pieces

Just plain nice.. Heck I would love to just know a reefer personally.. Let alone get deals like that.. Guess I was just raised on the wrong side of the tracks. If I even mention what a paid for that fish, coral or light to my friends, they move back like looking it is going to brake it.....

Now when they ask how much this cost you I just say looks nice right.... And to think i'm just a plankton..

Looking to buy cheap frags if anyone just "gets sick of them" ;D

Check out sexycorals if you want to see your kids college savings in a few heads

Agreed with that. I've wanted an acan badly but the prices were just plain stupid. I'm really hoping this one I got off ebay is a good deal, the price sure was right. In the end, I didn't end up with the one I wanted but it is still a nice piece. Got outbid last minute on the one I wanted, it looked like a watermelon. Never seen one like it. One of the things that make acan lords so cool.

There's actually 15 heads on the Blood Red Lord Acans I picked up for less than 6 bucks a head and 14 heads of Zombie Eye Acans I picked up for around 9 bucks a head.

I've found a pretty good place for acan frags (1-3 heads) for $5 but never much of a selection..still nice pieces though. Love yours by the way, if you ever begin fragging let us know :)

I plan on it. Feeding them every other day. Setting up a 75 gal frag tank next to my 450 and tying them together. Where are you located?

Mrc8858 said:
I've found a pretty good place for acan frags (1-3 heads) for $5 but never much of a selection..still nice pieces though. Love yours by the way, if you ever begin fragging let us know :)

Where? Saltcritters.com? I have been wanting to give them a try.

Seems like a lot of people on this site are near Pittsburgh lol

Check out Atlanticseafarms.net for acan frags if you're willing to do mail order. I got a three-head colony for $15 from him. I'm lucky enough to travel to that area (Virginia Beach) on business and was able to cherry pick mine. (he does soem WYSIWYG stuff too.) He ships via priority mail (maybe express as well) in very small bags so shipping is pretty reasonable. and most of the frags he sells he has farmed himself. He has a lot of other nice zoa colonies and SPS as well.

CaliO said:
Just plain nice.. Heck I would love to just know a reefer personally.. Let alone get deals like that.. Guess I was just raised on the wrong side of the tracks. If I even mention what a paid for that fish, coral or light to my friends, they move back like looking it is going to brake it.....

Now when they ask how much this cost you I just say looks nice right.... And to think i'm just a plankton..

Looking to buy cheap frags if anyone just "gets sick of them" ;D

Check out sexycorals if you want to see your kids college savings in a few heads

Omg. My wallet cried when I checked out that site! But I want them bad now. Lol. My kids don't need to go to college right? It's 15 years away anyways. Lol

Rutrag said:
Check out Atlanticseafarms.net for acan frags if you're willing to do mail order. I got a three-head colony for $15 from him. I'm lucky enough to travel to that area (Virginia Beach) on business and was able to cherry pick mine. (he does soem WYSIWYG stuff too.) He ships via priority mail (maybe express as well) in very small bags so shipping is pretty reasonable. and most of the frags he sells he has farmed himself. He has a lot of other nice zoa colonies and SPS as well.

I have been to Atlantic sea farms it's 10 minutes from my house. I don't have a reef tank but I'm always in awe when I go there.

Rut rag, when you come down again check out Jeff's place called Reef Chief in Suffolk. Lots of corals and a 1100 gallon lagoon.

Back
Top Bottom