Acclimating Corals and Fish to new lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themangia1984

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just purchased the coralife aqualight pro metal halide fixture. It has 3 250 watt MH and 4 96 Watt Actinics. My question is how should I acclimate the fish and corals to the new lights? How long should they be on and how should I progressively increase the length they should be on?

Thanks

I`ve heard putting screens under the lighting and removing one every 4 days will work. I`ve also heard the time solution one where you only run them 3-4 hours at the beginning and up the time on a little at a time. I`ve always had VHO`s so I really dont have any experience but I have heard of those two ways.

I've aslo seen threads where the new light is suspended (like on a homemade boom) over the tank, much higher than it will sit when it's on there for good, and the light is slowly lowered over about a 10 day perriod until you have touchdown, lol. This is also done with a combination of actinics only at first, w/limited MH, until near the end, it's on for the full amount you want to use.

Back
Top Bottom