Acclimating snails and coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dansemacabre

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm adding a significant amount of snails to the cleaner crew. I was just wondering...should you acclimate snails too? If you should, how do you go about it...same bucket-drip method as the fish?

How about coral? I'm getting a Ricordia Mushroom rock, how should one go about acclimating them? Thanks!

slow drip acclimation is the best way to go. Yes you can dripp them in the same bucket. I would drip them at least an hour or two. Very slow drip.

I would drip acclimate them both. If your ordering them online don't mix the water from the bags. Acclimate them in separate containers. If from a LFS I don't see a problem with combining them and drip acclimating them together.

I drip acclimate everything, just depends on how long by what it is.

I drip acclimate everything also. Should take at least two or three hours. If it comes from an on-line sorce take it a little slower as the water temp will be way off. I have received packages with a water temp of 60 degrees before (everything is doing well). It may also depend on the type of coral. Hardier corals like polyps and mushrooms will acclimate faster then, say, some LSP corals.

Back
Top Bottom