acintics question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lziarek

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking at getting a 4x 65 coralife hood that comes with two 50/50 acintics and 2 10k bulbs. Will this configuration make my tank look "blue"? I currently have wussy regular flourescents that burn white and I love the look. I dislike the "blue" look. I was wondering about getting 3 10k and 1 acintic, would this reduce the "blue" look?

it wont make your tank look blue at all. 50/50's come out this kind of off white color. how long has your light setup been running? why is it being changed? is there something you're striving for or was there a problem?

colors in the 14-20k range are your bluer colors...and the corallife bulbs arent actually blue...they're more purple. but when combined with whites i think they look spectacular.

hope that sheds some light

:D :D :D

hope that sheds some light

awesomely bad pun...love it!

i have 4x96 over my 90 gal....2 10,000k and 2 acintic....i keep the 10,000k in the front and the blue in the back so when your looking at the tank you cant even tell the blue is in there. :)

oh cool, im upgrading my lights actually i have a whooping 40 watts right now =), enough for viewing but not much growing (though ironically the coral that came with my liverocks.com purchase seems to be doing ok).

If you don't want any blue light, just go with 10k's and leave the blue bulbs out. A little deep purple lighting will bring out some colors in some fish and corals, but I also prefer an overall whiter look.

Take a look at my 40 gallon tank: http://tinyurl.com/6nkpu

It's got 2 96watt PC's, one's 10k, the other's actinic03.
The actinic 03 is in front.

How blue does my tank look, because it doesn't seem very blue to me at all.

Actually he hood you are getting has 2 - true actinics and 2-10K's,The color wll be a whitish blue!

Back
Top Bottom