Acro lighting!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pomme

Aquarium Advice Freak
Acro lighting!

I have had my tank set-up for 4 months now, and have had acros in it for 2. But my acros are quite dull brown colours, one of them is getting a slight green tinge, but nothin compared to the stuff i see on your acros. The lighting i have over the tank is an arcadia series 3 single metal halide 250 watt

mhl_spectral_dist.gif

It is the 14,000 kelvin ones, double ended. The lighting unit has also got two 18 watt actinics in it.

Do you think this is the right kind of lighting for my acros to colour up. Oh and yeah my tank is 75 cm, 28 inches or 2 foot deep, with the acros in the middle of this depth?

How long does it take for them to colour up from when you get them home from the LFS?

All help appreciated,
andrew

Most tanks with Acros around here run the 400 watt radium 20K with a PFO hqi ballast. The acros are really colorful under these. It may not be your lighting you may have just bought brown acros. I would suggest buying an acro frag that is already colored up and see what hapens to it under your lights.

Geens would be a great choice.Greens seeem to hold thee color better than say a blue or purple.

so if it was green and i didnt have enough light, would it turn brown over time? what sort if time span is this?

and also when buyingacros is it best to get them when fully coloured up or brown?

Back
Top Bottom