Acro recovery help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acolotto

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys

Just picked up a nice piece or acro for $10! Only catch its half dead so it's a recovery coral. Any tips and tricks to help it bounce back? I have nrightwell aquatics restor will spot feed it every couple days and is in bottom of tank right now because I have 2 120 w taotronics over my 55 so light acclimating and sps seems to do well on the bottom of my tank anyways.

Attachments

• image-3583544839.jpg
    image-3583544839.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 101
  • image-860000577.jpg
    image-860000577.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 85
  • image-1058444591.jpg
    image-1058444591.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 89
  • image-1981375120.jpg
    image-1981375120.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 96
Should I frag the live pieces? Prob be around 12 live .5" to 1" pieces? It's mostly the bottom half of the coral? Also I dripped acclimated it for about an hour, coral dip for 10 rinse and placed in tank and is showing polyp extension but only where there is colorful tissue so all white is definitely dead

Are there Red Bugs on the coral? Theres something wrong and most times fragging it wont help. I lost a Birds nest like this one time, turned out it was being stung by hydroids. based on where yours is placed this more then likely isnt happening.

What kind of lighting is that?

I just got the coral, it was already half dead when I got it. No red bugs was coral dipped and polyps are extending. The lfs I got it from isnt the best but usually has a large coral selection and every once in awhile have recovery corals like this one where I like to take a chance on worst thing is I lose $10 on it or I have a nice size coral for cheap. I am going to feed it restor every couple days and keep any eye on it...there was apstasia on it but I used apstasia x on them before I put in my dt and it was not actually on coral but on the rock, my tanks been up for two years so my water quality is stable and is good, 0 trates, 0 phosphates, 440 calc, 10 dkh, and mag was 1340. Just got a new Red Sea test kit so don't know how accurate these results are but did get around same values for three tests. There is a acro crab that I did happen to see last night on the acro but not hairy so figured it is on to keep? It should i get it out?

I just got the coral, it was already half dead when I got it. No red bugs was coral dipped and polyps are extending. The lfs I got it from isnt the best but usually has a large coral selection and every once in awhile have recovery corals like this one where I like to take a chance on worst thing is I lose $10 on it or I have a nice size coral for cheap. I am going to feed it restor every couple days and keep any eye on it...there was apstasia on it but I used apstasia x on them before I put in my dt and it was not actually on coral but on the rock, my tanks been up for two years so my water quality is stable and is good, 0 trates, 0 phosphates, 440 calc, 10 dkh, and mag was 1340. Just got a new Red Sea test kit so don't know how accurate these results are but did get around same values for three tests. There is a acro crab that I did happen to see last night on the acro but not hairy so figured it is on to keep? It should i get it out?

Sorry didnt see the lighting info, I use the same lights. Red Sea is a great test kit and normaly one of the more accrate tests. If it was this way before you got it I would just keep an eye on it. It may keep dying off however alot of times when iv seen a SPS start to go from the base up its doomed. I would mark the coral some way to at the spot the die off is at and if it keeps moving start fragging just above the dye off and cross your fingers.

Back
Top Bottom