Acropora Placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bootz

Aquarium Advice Freak
So the other day i picked up a pretty choice light purple/blue acropora frag with a symboic relationship. if you look closely you can see a little crab living with it. Before i placed it in the tank i had to remove the crab so i could dip my acropora in a reef dip. My question is: Is my placement of the frag ok? it is at the top of my tank but sideways does it have be perfectly upright?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/dsc00682sh.jpg/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks like a millepora. They like high light and lots of flow. It's fine positioned like it is.

no it doesn't have to be

but keep that water pristine, we don't want that beauty to die. what lighting are you using?

I have it under the marineland reef led in a direct current flow . (the lfs was also keeping this under led.) Additionally, i have been monitoring my tank parameters these past few days( a lot more diligently) since i added it. It is actually really cool to witness the symbiotic relationship with the crab. I will try to get better pictures of it.

Back
Top Bottom